Deborah E. Fraser
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/ TRAINING
- University of Windsor, Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution, January, 2009
- Aviation Law for Managers, Aviation Training and Development Institute (IATA) Montreal, Canada July, 2004
- Advanced Training Program on multilateral and regional trade issues for the Americas/ Georgetown University/ World Trade Organization June- July 1999
- Certificate of Legislative Drafting , /Loyola School of Law and Tulane Law School July, 1997
- University of the West Indies – Cave Hill, Barbados, Advanced Diploma, Legislative Drafting, 1991
- Norman Manley Law School, Jamaica, West Indies – Legal Education Certificate, Council of Legal Education, 1987
- University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, Barbados, West Indies – Bachelor of Laws (Hons.) 1985
- Bethune- Cookman College, Daytona Beach, Florida – Bachelor of Arts (History) (summa cum laude) 1980
- Justice of the Supreme Court of The Bahamas 2014 to present
- Director of Legal Affairs, Office of the Attorney General , Bahamas March 2005 – 2014
- Deputy Director of Legal Affairs, Office of the Attorney General, Bahamas – October 2000 – March 2005.
- Assistant Director of Legal Affairs, Office of the Attorney General, Bahamas – July 1998 – 2000.
- Chief Counsel, Office of the Attorney General, Bahamas – July 1997 – July 1998.
- Senior Counsel, Office of the Attorney General, Bahamas – September 1994 – July 1997.
- Acting Registrar General of The Bahamas October – November, 1994
- Legal Draftsman, Office of the Attorney General , Bahamas– November 1991 – October 1994
- Assistant Counsel, Office of the Attorney General, Bahamas – October 1987 – October 1991.
ORGANIZATIONS / PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Member of the Advisory Committee established under the National Honors’ Act (2018 to present)
- Member of the Judicial Education Committee of the Supreme Court (2017 to present)
- Attorney General’s Representative on The Bahamas Bar Council, March 2004 – 2009
- Attorney General’s Representative on The Bahamas Bar Council, July 1997 – 1999
- Member of The Bahamas Trade Commission, December 2002 – December 2003
- Alternate Head of Delegation for the Free Trade Agreement of the Americas (F.T.A.A.) Negotiating Group on Anti-dumping, Subsides and Countervailing Duties, September 1998 – September 2000
- Alternate Head of delegation for the F.T.A.A Negotiating Group on Dispute Settlement 1998-2000
- Caribbean Financial Action Task Force Mutual Evaluation Examiner, 1998
- Member of The Bahamas delegation for Summit of the Americas Working Group on Money Laundering, Washington , DC April-November 1995
- Legal representative of The Bahamas at US/Bahamas Drug Task Force, 1993-1995
- Member of The Bahamas Bar, October, 1987.